Acclimation and DOA Policy
1) Turn off all aquarium lights to reduce stress on aquatic life
2) Thoroughly wash your hands to remove perfumes, lotions, etc.
3) Float the SEALED bag in your aquarium for at least 15 minutes but no longer than one hour to allow for temperature acclimation. The water in the bag should be the same temperature as that of your tank prior to proceeding to the next step.
**If for whatever reason the bag has burst or the water is extremely foul, do not temperature acclimate; proceed directly to step 9**
4) After floating the bag for 15 minutes, carefully cut it open as close to the top as possible and fold the top edge of the bag down one inch to create an air pocket within the lip of the bag. This air pocket will allow the bag to float on the surface of the water. Or, if possible, secure the bag to the aquarium side with an algae clip.
5) Slowly add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of aquarium water to the bag. It may be easiest to use 1/4 cup for small bags and 1/2 cup for large bags.
6) Repeat Step 5 every five minutes until the bag is full.
7) Once the bag is full, remove it from the aquarium and discard half of the water in in the bag into a bucket, being careful not to harm your aquatic life.
8) Re-float the bag in the aquarium and repeat steps 4-6 until the bag is full again. This will further acclimate the new aquatic life to your system and will eliminate most of the water originally in the bag.
9) Once the bag is full, remove it from the aquarium and slowly pour off as much water as possible into a bucket without harming your aquatic life. Then carefully add your new wet pet to the aquarium!
!!!Please read carefully!!!
Shipping is a risk for both Supplier and Customer
In the very rare case of a DOA, Three (3) clear photos or a video of the DOA in the UNOPENED shipping bag must be sent to me within one (1) hour of the first delivery attempt time. A full Store Credit for the amount of the DOA will be given or a replacement fish will be sent. This does NOT cover shipping for the replacement fish or credit given. Buyer is responsible for all additional shipping fees. If the DOA policy is not met (3 clear photos or video within 1 hour) the DOA policy is VOID. After this time frame there are too many variables that are out of my control and I can not replace or give credit for the fish. I am a small business and every penny counts. I take alot of Pride in supplying beautiful and healthy fish. And take every precaution to ensure they arrive to you alive and healthy. There are no exceptions to this policy. Thank you for understanding